Spiritual growth results from trusting Jesus Christ. “The righteous man shall live by faith” (Galatians 3:11). A life of faith will enable you to trust God increasingly with every detail of your life, and to practice the following:
First, tell someone about your new life! God says in Romans 10:9 you should confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord.
Find a good bible believing church that is active in pursuing God’s call.
- Read God’s Word daily (Acts 17:11) — begin with the Gospel of John.
“I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by men who were inspired [by God]. I study the Bible daily.” Sir Isaac Newton
- Go to God in prayer (simply talk to Him) daily (John 15:7).
- Obey God moment by moment (John 14:21).
- Share your story (Matthew 4:19; John 15:8).
- Trust God for every detail of your life (1 Peter 5:7).
- Holy Spirit — Allow Him to control and empower your daily life and witness (Galatians 5:16,17).
Stephen John Spivey